We are BAM
For almost 150 years, we have been shaping the UK & Ireland’s vital infrastructure and creating many of the country's most iconic buildings. Today we're part of the Royal BAM Group, one of the largest construction companies in Europe with a turnover of over €7 billion.
Our aim is to leave our world a better place than we found it – to build a more sustainable tomorrow. We do this by connecting, building and maintaining places where people and the planet prosper together. This is our lasting legacy.
Target date to achieve net zero carbon
At BAM, we create sustainable environments that enhance people’s lives – today and long into the future. We engineer and construct vital infrastructure to build sustainable places with strong communities.
Through innovation, collaboration and determination, we’re shaping a more sustainable future. We’ve set an industry-leading carbon target to become net zero in our direct operations by 2026, and we’re supporting our clients and supply chain to create more sustainable places.
But we're not stopping there. By 2025, we'll have a zero carbon option for every tender we submit. And by 2030, we aim to half our use of virgin bio-based materials, whilst ensuring every project is bio-diversity positive.
In February 2021, we launched our new strategy 'building a sustainable tomorrow’ to help define our future. It's shaped to serve our stakeholders, employees, clients, partners, suppliers and the communities we work in.
Our strategy outlines how we will evolve, progress, become more profitable and unleash our potential. To continue building a sustainable foundation from which we can thrive, we’re focused on the following key themes:
- People at our core
- Operational excellence
- Broadening our business
- Financial resilience
At BAM, we are united by our values. They sit at the heart of what we do – from how we innovate – to how we interact.
It is these values that lay the foundations for our success:
- We are Reliable – we deliver what we promise with a focus on quality
- We are Inclusive – we seek out new perspectives take inspiration from inclusion
- We are Sustainable – we are all responsible for building a sustainable tomorrow and it drives us forward
- We are Collaborative – we listen and include communities, colleagues, clients and supply chain in our decisions because together we thrive
- We take Ownership – because we know that great outcomes start with taking responsibility and pride in our work