At BAM, people are at the heart of everything we do. We understand that diverse teams deliver the best results for our company and our clients. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, fairness and respect runs through our whole employee experience at BAM. This means we don't support 'one version' of brilliance, we welcome a wide diversity of skills, experiences, and new perspectives.
Put simply, we want BAM to be a great place to work and for our people to get the support they need to be themselves and create a more diverse and inclusive work space.
Award-winning Apprenticeship Programme
Our apprenticeship programme is rated highest for our industry. And we’re successfully attracting and recruiting increasing numbers of female applicants every year, with our last intake being over 40%.
Ongoing learning and development is fundamental to our business. It's what helps us stay ahead of the knowledge curve. We repay our people's outstanding contribution with opportunities to develop their skills, experience and career. From NVQ’s to postgraduate qualifications to chartership with industry bodies, we ensure our people have the tools to be the best they can be.
Health and Wellbeing
We're committed to supporting, promoting and maintaining the mental health and wellbeing of our people, through training, workplace practices and a strong focus on work-life balance. We actively challenge the stigmas and taboos surrounding mental health, making it ok to be not ok.
Our award winning practices include:
- Volunteering and wellbeing days for all employees (in addition to annual leave)
- Employee Assistance Programme that provides online, telephone and one-to-one counselling 24/7
- Network of trained mental health champions who are available at all sites and offices to provide advice, support and signposting on mental health and related issues
- Regular occupational health checks
- Support towards reducing excessive work mileage
- Support and rehabilitation for employees with long-term physical or mental health related illness
- Discounted gym membership and ‘cycle to work’ schemes
- Enhanced maternity & paternity Leave.
Leading the way on flexible working
In 2019, we took part in a ground-breaking 18-month study with Build UK and workplace experts Timewise, to look at flexible working for the construction industry. The findings helped us create a better workplace for everyone. We launched a new flexible working approach which recognises that every employee has unique pressures and needs. Now, our flexible working approach is bespoke to the individual.